This manual provides an overview of the Bitmain Antminer KA3, demonstrates how to set up, configure, monitor, and administer the server, and also introduces the necessary environmental conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Bitmain Antminer KA3 Overview
The Bitmain Antminer KA3 server is BITMAIN’s newest version in this series. Power supply APW12 is part of the KA3 server. All Bitmain Antminer KA3 servers are tested and configured prior to shipping to ensure easy setup.
- Please refer to the layout above to place your goods in usage in case of any damage.
- The equipment must be connected to an earthed main socket outlet. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily
- The equipment has two power inputs. Only by connecting those two power supply sockets simultaneously can the equipment run When the equipment is powered off, be sure to power off all power inputs.
- DO NOT remove any screws and cables tied on the
- DO NOT PRESS the metal button on the
- Please note that the actual server shall
1.1 Bitmain Antminer KA3 Server Components
The main components and controller front panel of Bitmain Antminer KA3 servers are shown in the following figure:
APW12 Power Supply:
- Power supplyAPW12 is part of Bitmain Antminer KA3 For detailed parameters, please refer to the specifications below.
- Additional two power cords are needed.
1.2 Bitmain Antminer Specifications
Model: Bitmain Antminer KA3
|Hashrate, TH/s||166 ±3%|
|power on wall@25℃, Watt||3154±10%|
|power efficiency on wall @25°C, J/TH||19.0±10%|
|Power supply AC input voltage, Volt(1-1)||200~240|
|Power supply AC Input Frequency Range, Hz||47~63|
|Power supply AC Input current, Amp(1-2)||20(1-3)|
|Network connection mode||RJ45 Ethernet 10/100M|
|Server Size (Length*Width*Height, w/o package), mm(2-1)||430*195.5*290|
|Server Size (Length*Width*Height, with package), mm||570*316*430|
|Net weight, kg(2-2)||16.1|
|Gross weight, kg||17.7|
|Operation temperature, °C||0~40|
|Storage temperature, °C||-20~70|
|Operation humidity(non-condensing), RH||10~90%|
|Operation altitude, m(3-1)||≤2000|
(1-1)Caution: Wrong input voltage may probably cause Server damaged
(1-2) Max condition: temperature 40°C, altitude 0m (1-3) Two AC input wires, 10A per wire
(2-1) Including PSU size
(2-2) Including PSU weight
(3-1) When the Server is used at an altitude from 900m to 2000m, the highest operating temperature decreases by 1℃ for every increase of 300m
2. Setting up the Bitmain Antminer KA3
To set up the server:
Note: The file IPReporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
1. Download the following file: IPReporter.zip.
2. Extract the File.
Note: The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
3. Right-clickand run it as Administrator.
4. Select one of the following options:
- Shelf, Step, Position – suitable for farm servers to mark the location of the
- Default– suitable for home
5. Click Start.
6. On the controller board, click the IP Report Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds).
The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
7. In your web browser, enter the IP address
8. Proceed to login using root for both the username and
9. In the Protocol section, you can assign a Static IP address (optional).
10. Enter the IP address, Subnet mask, gateway, and DNS
3.Configuring the Bitmain Antminer KA3
Setting up the Pool
To configure the server:
1. Click Settings marked below:
- Fan speed percentage can be adjusted, but we recommend to keep the default setting. The server will adjust the fan speed automatically if the fan speed percentage has yet to been
- There are two working modes of Bitmain Antminer KA3 server: Normal mode and Sleep. The server enters the sleep mode under the condition that the control board is powered while hashboards are not powered.
2. Set the options according to the following table:
|Mining address||Enter the address of your desired pool. Note: The Bitmain Antminer KA3 servers can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3). The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher-priority pools are offline.|
|Name||Your worker ID on the selected pool.|
|Password (optional)||The password for your selected worker.|
3. Click Save after the configuration.
4.Monitoring Your Bitmain Antminer KA3
To check the operating status of your server:
1. Click dashboard marked below to check the server status (taking Bitmain Antminer KA3 166T as an example).
2. Monitor your server according to the descriptions in the following table:
Note: The Bitmain Antminer KA3 server (166T) is with fixed frequency 665 MHz. Firmware will stop running when the Temp (Outlet) reaches to 80℃, there will be an error message “over max temp, pcb temp (real-time temp)” shown on the bottom of kernel log page. Meanwhile, the server temperature on the dashboard interface turns to abnormal and shows “Temp is too high”.
|Number of chips||Number of chips detected in the chain.|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting.|
|Real Hashrate||Real-time Hashrate of each hash board (GH/s).|
|Inlet Temp||Temperature of the inlet (°C).|
|Outlet Temp||Temperature of the outlet (°C).|
|Chip state||One of the following statuses will appear: ● TheGreenIcon– indicates normal ● TheRedIcon– indicates abnormal|
5. Administering Your Bitmain Antminer KA3
5.1 Checking Your Firmware Version
To check your firmware version:
- Enter the backstage of your server, find the firmware version on the bottom.
- The firmware version displays the date of the firmware on your server In the examples below, the server is using firmware version 20220621.
5.2 Upgrading Your System
Note: Make sure that the Bitmain Antminer KA3 server remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to BITMAIN for repair.
To up grade the Bitmain Antminer KA3 firmware:
1. In System, click Firmware Upgrade.
2. For Keep Settings:
- Select“keep settings” to keep your current settings (default).
- Unselect“keep settings” to reset the server to default
3. Click the button and navigate to the upgrade Select the upgrade file, then click Update.
4. When the upgrade is completed, restart the server and it will turn to the setting
5.3 Modifying Your Password
To change you login password:
- In System, click the Password
- Set your new password, then click Save.
5.4 Restoring Initial Settings
- Turn on the server and let it run for 5 minutes.
- On the controller front panel, press and hold the Resetbutton for 10
Note: Resetting your server will reboot it and restore its default settings. The red LED will automatically flash once every 15 seconds if the reset is operated successfully.
6. Environmental Requirements of Bitmain Antminer KA3
Please run your server in accordance with the following requirements
6.1 Basic Environmental Requirements:
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (non-condensing)|
Site Requirements of the Server Running Room:
Please keep the server running room away from industrial pollution sources:
For heavy pollution sources such as smelters and coal mines, the distance should be more than 5km.
For moderate pollution sources such as chemical industries, rubber and electroplating industries, the distance should be more than 3.7km.
For light pollution sources such as food factories and leather processing factories, the distance should be more than 2km. If unavoidable, the site should be chosen in the perennial upwind direction of the pollution source.
Please do not set your location within 3.7km from the seaside or the salt lake. If unavoidable, it should be built as airtight as possible, equipped with air conditioning for cooling.
Electromagnetic Environmental Conditions:
Please keep your site away from transformers, high-voltage cables, transmission lines and high-current equipment, for example, there should be no high-power AC transformers (>10KA) within 20 meters, and no high-voltage power lines within 50 meters.
Please keep your site away from high-power radio transmitters, for example, there should be no high-power radio transmitters (>1500W) within 100 meters.
6.2 Other Environmental Requirements：
The server running room shall be free of explosive, conductive, magnetically conductive and corrosive dust. The requirements of mechanical active substances are shown below:
Requirements of Mechanical Active Substances
|Mechanical Active Substance||Requirement|
|Dust (suspended)||<= 0.2mg/m3|
Requirements of Corrosive Gas
Note: ppb (part per billion) refers to the unit of concentration，1ppb stands for the volume ratio of part per billion.