This guide will solve the problem of Bitmain Antminer KA3 can’t connect to the internet or find IP of miner.
Table of Contents
Troubleshooting Antminer KA3 Can’t Connect to the Internet Or Find IP of Miner
1. All brand new KA3 miners unable to obtain IP address
- The DHCP service must be running on the network for the next step to be taken.
- Verify whether MAC binding is turned off in the network settings if it is.
- Make sure the router’s connection and settings are correct.
2. Some new machines are unable to obtain IP addresses.
- Connect the computer to the port using a network cable, then check to see if the UART port can access the network normally.
- Verify that the IP pool has enough coverage; as shown in the figure below, the default IP assignment only covers 99 addresses (the maximum can be set to 254 addresses).
- You should ask the router’s manufacturer how many devices it can connect; for typical residential use, the maximum number of IP addresses is 254, but due to hardware limitations, a typical router can only connect 10 to 50 devices at once, so there isn’t really any information on capacity. it’s required to consult the manufacturer. Please exercise greater caution when purchasing a product since only those with professional housing smart routers are able to provide the necessary capacity data.
3. Although none of the miners were able to mine, they were all able to obtain IP addresses, and computers could connect to the network normally.
- Check to see if there are any network configuration restrictions. A typical router will typically have whitelist settings or other restrictions on network access policies, etc., it’s able to restrict the specific website or method of connecting to the network, this problem is relatively professional, which requires network engineer to further troubleshoot.
- Check to see if the KA3 mining pool‘s port has been disabled by the network operator. If so, the corresponding port will show up at the end of the mining pool. If the port has been disabled, it will affect the KA3 mining process but not the connection to the internet. Contact the network operator’s customer service for assistance with port-related issues.
- Verify that the miner settings and the mining pool are appropriate.
- Connect two miners to a different network, and if they can continue to operate normally, there is a problem with that particular network.
4. Some of the miners unable to mine while operating
- Check to see if the UART port or router is functioning normally.
- Check whether the power is normal.
5. Unable to trace the IP address after change the location of the miner
When the miner is turned on, use a needle to poke the reset button for about 5 seconds. The miner will then be reset, the red and green indicator lights will go out, and you should wait for it to restart.
How to Find IP Address of Antminer KA3?
- Find it via the router. A newly added IP address will be shown after connecting a miner to a router. This method is recommended for users who have fewer mining machines.
- Find it via the official tool provided by the miner manufacturer. Antminer KA3 users can use IPreport or IPtools.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.